A FEW WORDS TO LIVE BY
- Nothing great was ever accomplished without enthusiasm. (Emerson)
- Take your work seriously and yourself lightly. (CW Metcalf)
- To be upset over what you don’t have is to waste what you do have. (Ken Keyes)
- Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. (Albert Einstein)
- Personal satisfaction comes only when you rise above the need for approval from others. (L. Winget)
- One of the greatest sources of energy is pride in what you are doing. (anon)
- Look at everything as though you were seeing it for either the first or last time. Then your time on Earth will be filled with glory. (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn)
- Now and then its good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. (anon)
- Yesterday is a canceled check; tomorrow is a promissory note; today is ready cash. Use it. (Kay Lyons)
- Two important things are to have a genuine interest in people and to be kind to them. Kindness, I’ve discovered, is everything in life. (Isaac B. Singer)
- The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention. (Richard Moss)
- You are the sky. The clouds are what happens… and eventually moves on. (E. Tolle)
- Let no one ever come to you without leaving better or happier. (Mother Teresa)
This day, I thankfully accept all the of the good things that are coming my way.
This day is full of excitement, love, energy, health and prosperity.
This day, people are calling on me to be of service to them, and I respond by giving my very best. This day, I accept the abundance of prosperity that is mine and willingly share it with others
This day, I focus on the moment and give no thought to the past or future. This day I spend in total enjoyment of what I do.
This day, I fill with loving thoughts and actions toward all other people and myself. This day I spend in grateful appreciation of all that is mine.
WHAT I’VE LEARNED…
= If someone says something unkind about me, live so that no one will believe it.
= Most things I worry about never happen
= Decide what’s important and disregard everything else
= Don’t compare yourself to others; just do the best you can do
= Don’t expect others to solve your problems
= If you pursue happiness it will elude you. But if you focus on the needs of your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find YOU.
= To grow old gracefully: Never lose your enthusiasm for meeting new people and seeing new places
= If you allow people to make you angry, you have let them conquer you
= If your life is free of failures, you’re not taking enough risks
= The best way to cheer up yourself is to cheer up someone else
= If you stay focused on yourself, you are guaranteed to be miserable
= Your children will pay attention to your actions, not your words
= How people treat me is more a reflection of how they see themselves than how they see me
= If you depend on others to make you happy you will be endlessly disappointed
= Envy is the enemy of happiness
= You can’t please some people no matter what you do
= If you like yourself and who you are, you’ll probably like almost everyone you meet regardless of who they are
= You either control your attitude or it controls you
= The important thing is not what others think of me but what I think of me
= Hatred is like acid. It destroys the vessel that holds it
= Regrets over yesterday and the fear of tomorrow are twin thieves that rob us of the moment
= If you ask “I wonder if you could please help me,” you almost always get a positive response
= People are often in such a hurry to get to the “good life” that they often rush right past it
= 90% of what happens to you is good, 10% bad. To be happy, just focus on the 90%.
= Warmth, kindness and friendship are the most desired commodities in the world. The person who can provide them will never be lonely.
= I can’t choose how I feel, but I can choose what to do about it
= Everyone has two choices- grow up and take responsibility for your life or don’t.
= If you spend your life always looking forward to something else the present just slips away
= No one was put here to be in charge of making me happy; that’s my job.
= A change is a challenge for the courageous, an opportunity for the alert and a threat to the insecure
= When my response to rudeness is kindness, I feel better